Sunday, September 17, 2017

About Me !

Hello, Divine sparks,
My name is Jacqueline Sewell, aka Jacky Sewell. I am excited to be here, and talk to you through this blog. I always wanted to share my life story with the world. It took a long time to take courage and literally cross the timeline of my life, facing the camouflaged pains of the past, reliving each episode as a powerful and liberating catharsis.
What really pushed me to start writing my book "Detachments_If it is not by Loving, It will be by Hurting" ? It was the realisation that through every episode of my life, there have always been the main lessons of detachment, screaming loudly in my deaf ears.
Between 2011 and 2014, everything that had to go wrong, in all possible areas (relationship, professional, health, spiritual), went wrong. Ironically, it was during this time, when I was in deep depression, that I felt compelled to write my story. Initially as a form of self-therapy, then I realised that while I faced so many challenges on my own, which for many would be a door to suicide, there was something that never let me give up life, and to believe in better days. In spite of all traumatic events, I also managed to get out of them wiser, fearless, positive and with a sense of duty to humanity.
I also believe that this book is relevant to today’s chaotic society. Where most are chasing the ‘have’, and little is said about ‘being’. Unfortunately, this is clearly confirmed to us, through its effects, in a unhappy generation, which has become consumerist, materialistic, separatist and, irrespective of its social level, unleashed the great evil of the century: “Depression”.
You may ask, what is the difference of this book from others with similar subject, and I say: Each book is unique, because each soul is a unique soul with different points of view, and with diverse experiences. However, we may all go through difficulties in life, but no one will face them, nor overcome them in exactly the same manner.
You will find in my story that the lessons of letting go are evident in all the experiences described, but most of all, of going through the trials of life with courage, faith, and resignation. Always, taking the positive out of a negative situation.
As the subtitle suggests, if you do not learn from love, life will teach you in difficult and repetitive ways until you do.
I wanted to share this with the world and who knows, to help someone who identifies with my story, giving them some hope and strength to continue advancing with their own timeline. I hope you enjoy each chapter, and discover in them some inspiration that makes you see that every event in your life matters.
In the course of the next few weeks, I will write here on the blog more about some of the various subjects I mentioned in my book, such as: what is detachment, my experience with depression, detaching from relationships, and others.
My main message, dear ones, is that life sometimes tends to send storms, in order to clear the pollution caused by our unhealed emotions. Thus, the trials of life are indeed, blessings in disguise. The old man dies, to raise the new one, just like a phoenix.
I would love to hear from you, and if you’ve read my book, tell me your thoughts, which chapter touched you the most. Have a blessed week.
Love and peace for all!
J. Sewell

No comments:

Post a Comment