Saturday, September 23, 2017

What is Detachment ? Why is it important to let go ?


Hello Divine Sparks,
I’m back, and eager to talk to you about this subject that is so profound and critical to our lives.
What is detachment? Life has gradually taught me that the key to inner harmony, and strength to overcome its obstacles lies in the ability to separate from what no longer serves a purpose. Even if what we are releasing may be of our affections and pleasures. Detachment is therefore a way of renewing oneself, of reinventing oneself, is the effective way of reorganising our mental and emotional home, in short, our life.
The process of detachment is of self-liberation, and will become, over time, the resources necessary for our personal growth. Thus, strengthening the fibres of our soul. Everything we cling to, enslaves us, creating a certain dependence. Sometimes too subtle to be recognised. It is a must to let go of what no longer belongs to our path, which no longer elevates our being to new levels of oneself. That of what stagnates in our lives becomes obstacles to our evolution. They are like old paradigms, losing their relevance to the present moment, consequently depreciating us as well.
We need to drain from ourselves the need to own, control, and hold things and people by our side. All that in fact weakens our power of overcoming and self-assertion. Or it will involve us in the illusions of emotional deprivation, and material needs to fill an existential void. It is also fundamental to realise that love is above all, to give and to have freedom. You have to let go, in order to create space for the new to arrive.
I once read in a Brazilian article, a psychologist claiming that “Clinging people can have various problems, such as anxiety, phobia, depression, or experiencing the eternal fear of losing, and being unable to cope with the loss. Attachment makes us very dependent on things, but when we accept that nothing is eternal and permanent, we learn to enjoy more and have a better life.”
Given my own experience, which this was one of the factors that led me to depression (I described more deeply in my book- Detachments), I am living proof of the above phrase. But I will write more about this next week in a new post, where I will be talking about my experience with depression, and what led me to it.
There is a sentence at the end of my book, which summarises the “why”, why it is so important to learn to detach:
“If you allow your feelings to cling to things or people, you will always be vulnerable to their vulnerabilities”
Dear ones, let me know how hard it is for you to detach yourself? I’d love to hear your thoughts. So, reflect on this post, and have a very blessed week.
Love and Peace for all,
Jacqueline Sewell

No comments:

Post a Comment