Monday, April 21, 2014

#Scarred #Heart


Tears flows down, for what might have been, 
I who loved you so much yesterday... 
Today, I sip sorrow on the marks of a scarred heart, 
Remembering of a wounded love... 

In this heart one day reigned, 
The joy of complicity ... 
Today, there is only loneliness, 
On the bench of nostalgia & scarcity... 

I who shared a life with you in a lovely home, 
Today, in the emptiness of this house...
I, rehearsal a daily smile, 
Hoping to love again and pacify my inner storm...

I find myself in reflection, 
What had passion served for... 
Opening wounds in my soul, 
Butchering my poor heart to the floor... 

Today, I find myself questioning, 
Why were we allowed to go back... 
If shortly after that, the senseless destiny,
Would once again pull us apart instead... 

I, in your smile, see our dreams realised
In the arms of someone else... 
Today, I implore you dear friendly Cupid, 
Do not delay, come and shoot my heart as well...

By Jacky Sewell

No comments:

Post a Comment