Thursday, March 06, 2014

#Active #Spectator


Time passes slowly through the window of my eyes,
observing life outside, crossing the streets,
everything seems to run rampant in synchronicity and composure...

Hence I see the avenues, the cars,
people that comes and goes ,
throughout their complicity in the illusion of urban life...

I wish I could play, that dusty guitar,
forgotten and pushed against the wall of my room,
to sustain these reflections in an old rhyme song...

I wish I could go back in time, to revise my steps,
walking against the wind, dreaming of a promissing future,
to make the old ways better and the new ways with a better old...

Through the window nothing changes, life does not wait, I try to understand...
It follows always beautifully and safe, for those who know how to live...
From social media, everything changes, the smiles in photos seem to sell,
appearances in a world of madness, a mere illusion of a wishing well...

I understand that life calls in for good communication,
and to make sense amid the farewells...
to learn from pain, and smile with the new generation...

And in this world alone, lost in reverie,
I take refuge in the shelter of home, 
walking through the lines of those thoughts,
I’m an active spectator in a world that seems to run, with steps on hold...

by Jacky Sewell

No comments:

Post a Comment